Equal Opportunity Center
As per Govt. Order the Equal Opportunity Centre is constituted in this institution on 11.10.2017, the following members of the staff are appointed as members of advisory committee.
Equal Opportunity Center OFFICERS
- Sri Ramesh kumar Behera, Chairperson, Principal I/C
- Dr. Arun Kumar Naik, Advisor, Lecturer in Odia
- Mrs. Allakananda Malla, Member, Lecturer in History
- Mr. Daitari Sabar, Member, Lecturer in Sanskrit
Rules and Regualtion
The UGC(Promotion of Equity in Higher Education Institutions) Regulation Act, 2012 had, among other things, made it mandatory for varsities to have in place ""Equal Opportunity Cell"”" and appoint an Anti-Discrimination Officer, Equal Opportunity Cell aims at aiding and advising students with respect to academic, financial and social aspects. The services and facilities are meant for marginalized section including the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Background community, minority Communities, women, persons with disabilities, etec. The program ultimately aims at:
- Successful completion of programs of students of these students.
- Enhancing the diversity within the campus.
- To ensure equity and equal opportunity to the community at in the college and bring about social inclusion.
- To enhance the diversity among the students, teaching and non-teaching staff population and at the same time eliminate the perception of discrimination.
- To create a socially congenial atmosphere for academic interaction and the growth of healthy interpersonal relationship among the students coming from various social backgrounds.
- To disseminate the information related to schemes and programs for the welfare of the social weaker section as well as notifications /memoranda, office orders of the government, or other related agencies/organisations issued from time to time.
- To prepare barrier free formalities/procedures for admission/registrations of students belonging to the disadvantaged groups of society.
- To sensitizes the colleges/University on the problems of dissadvatages groups.